skip to main content


Around one in four people has experienced bowel or bladder weakness. It affects men and women, both young and old, yet many people keep it a secret for years.

If you have incontinence, don't be embarrassed about getting medical help. The symptoms can be improved, and sometimes cured, with simple methods.

Your GP can assess whether you have incontinence, decide which type of incontinence you have, give general advice, provide information and provide treatment.

You can visit your doctor or you can contact the Bladder and Bowel Health Service at Wye Valley NHS Trust.

The NHS also provides a range of useful information about Incontinence and The Bladder and Bowel Foundation can also give you advice.

For information about bedwetting and support available please visit the NHS website.

Disclaimer: Talk Community Directory has only carried out limited checks on the information providers submit to the website, for example to confirm it's in the appropriate format and all required fields have been completed. Therefore it isn't in a position to know if providers are qualified, licensed or able to meet the needs of individuals, it is the responsibility of each individual to assess if a provider is suitable. Whilst we regularly review our content to try and ensure it is accurate and up to date, we can't guarantee that the information supplied by providers is always current. View full disclaimer