Can you give an hour?
Volunteering is a great way to get involved within your local community. Meet new people, learn new skills and make a difference.
We’re asking all residents across Herefordshire to give an hour by volunteering.
If everyone gave an hour, it would generate an estimated 192,000 hours of support to our local communities. Whether you want to arrange a litter pick, befriend someone in a care home, or help out at your local parkrun, there’s something for everybody to get involved with.
More opportunities will be added as soon as we get them.
Can give more than an hour? that’s even better!
Need a little inspiration, why not try some of the following?
- Be a volunteer driver
- Become an Onside volunteer
- Collect a prescription for a neighbour
- Collect food items for donation or volunteer at a food bank
- Draw a picture for someone living in a care home or hospice
- Film a short musical performance to be shown in a local care home or hospice
- Help a local community group or charity with some DIY jobs
- Help a local community group or charity with their social media or marketing
- If you speak another language, become a translator
- Learn lifesaving CPR skills
- Use your computer skills to help others
- Volunteer as a telephone buddy
- Volunteer at a Talk Community Hub
- Volunteer at your local care home
- Volunteer at your local hospice shop
- Volunteer with a local support scheme
- Volunteer with Age UK in Hereford
- Volunteer with Bromyard & District Local History Society
- Write a letter for someone living in a care home or hospice
- Be a litter picking hero
- Help a local community gardening group
- Help keep local footpaths tidy
- Set up a local running, walking or exercise group
- Volunteer as a vaccination site door marshall
- Volunteer as a vaccination site parking marshall
- Volunteer at Grange Court in Leominster
- Volunteer at Herefordshire Riding for the Disabled
- Volunteer at your local parkrun
- Volunteer for The Cart Shed
- Volunteer with a local sports team
- Volunteer with Neighbourhood Watch
- Volunteer with your local Girlguiding or Scouts group
We’d love to hear what you’re doing, use #GiveAnHour on social media and share your stories with us
We’re Talk Community ❤